The March Meeting of the Motor Club will take place at the Castle Arch Hotel, Trim at 8:15 on 1st March. All are welcome as always and after the Endurance Trial, work now begins on the Stages Rally on July 2nd.
ALMC Endurance Trial 2017
Seeded Entry List
1 Robert Barrable/Ciaran Larkin Starlet 1B
2 Karl O'Donoghue/Evin Hughes Starlet 1B
3 Kevin O'Rourke/Dave McAuley Starlet 1B
4 Peter Barrable/Conor Mohan Starlet 1B
5 Graham O'Donoghue/Eoin McHale Starlet 1B
6 Ted Gaffney/Karen Gaffney Starlet 1B
7 Martin Nugent/Paul Tierney Escort 5
8 Glyn Gaffney/Alan Dolan Starlet 1B
9 Patrick Corcoran/Joe Corcoran Starlet 1B
10 Damien Doran/James Mansfield Starlet 1B
11 Des Bruton/Ed Colton Avenger 5
12 Colin Sheridan/Breen Sheridan Starlet 2
14 Sean McEnroe/Martin Quinn Proton 3
15 Mark Reilly /Darragh Gibbons Starlet 2
16 Brian Duggan/Ken Carmody Starlet 1B
17 Oisin Sherlock/Shane Farrell Micra 1A
18 Patricia Denning / Joe Downey Starlet 3
19 Philip Armstrong/ Frank Hussey Volvo 5
20 Mark Durnin/Tom Harmon Starlet 1B
21 Leanne Carroll/David Byrne Seicento 1B
22 Bobby Hennessey/Robert Hennessey Starlet 1B
23 Gordon Reilly/Ross Englishby Celica 3
24 Eoin Longworth/Patrick O'Leary Starlet 2
25 Martin Moore/Robert King Starlet 1B
26 Sean Daly/David O'Donoghue Corolla 1B
27 Robert Lewis/Eoghan McCarthy Starlet 1B
28 Gerry Joyce/Stephen Joyce Starlet 2
29 Nial Murphy/Ray Heney BMW 3
30 John Carty/Chris Driver Starlet 5
31 Richard Stafford/Sean Furlong Seicento 1B
32 Catherine Dancey/Robert Dancey Seicento 1A
33 Brian Kirwan/Tim Boyle Micra 1A
34 Philip Deane/William O'Brien Colt 1B
Competitors taking part in the Endurance Trial are asked to pay particular attention to the following notice from the latest Motorsport Ireland Bulletin regarding tyres for Endurance events in 2017.
Tyres for Endurance Events: Further to Article 21.14 of Appendix 35, the sub-committee has decided, at its December meeting, that the following will apply in regard to Tyres on Endurance Events for 2017:
a) The general overall prohibition on tyres with marking such as “for Competition Use only” will continue.
b) Retro Classes: Tyres Free (subject to a above). (It is noted that such cars are not eligible for overall awards, that numbers are limited, and that available wheel sizes for Retro Cars impose limitations on the availability of suitable tyres).
c) All other Classes: Tyres Free (subject to a above) except that Yokohama A021R tyres are prohibited on driven wheels.
Things are shaping up nicely for the ALMC Endurance Trial on Saturday 18th February based out of Fairyhouse Racecourse, Ratoath, Co. Meath.
With many competitors feeling the pinch this year, ALMC are ensuring the competitors get the maximum value for their entry fee. Just look at what is being lined up for entrants in 2017:
- 20 Selectives
- Total Route of c.160km
- Entry Fee down 25% on 2016
- 90% Tarmac / 10% loose
- MX5 Trophy (see regs)
- Beginners Prize of a half day in a fully prepared endurance spec car (with cage/seats/harnesses etc.)
- New selectives including a 'driving test' style selective.
- In keeping with the "Endurance" name, all finishers will be in the car for approx 7 hours on the day. And should you hit mechanical issues that's not a problem - you can skip tests whilst you fix your car and get back into the action later in the day.
- Post Event Prizegiving in the County Club, Rathbeggan (on the Old N3) after the event.
*That's a lot of value for the €200 entry fee!*
WHAT TYPE OF CAR CAN I USE?
Endurance Trials are broken into 7 separate classes. The emphasis is to keep costs down for prospective competitors so you will see many competitors opt for cars such as the Toyota Starlet, Nissan Micra, Fiat Cinquecento, Fiat Sceicento.....whatever can be bought, begged or borrowed from the small ads pages!
The maximum engine size is 1400cc however, there will be competitors with bigger engined cars (Vectras, MX5's, 3 Series Compacts and Ford Escorts for example) - these cars are not permitted to be classified in the overall results but will compete for their own class and more importantly they will have a great day's craic!
The classes are:
- Class 1A: Cars built to Endurance Specification up to 1000cc
- Class 1B: Cars built to Endurance Specification between 1001cc and 1400cc
- Class 2: Navigation Trial cars up to 1400 c.c.
- Class 3: Navigation Trial cars from 1401 to 2000 c.c.
- Class 4: Front Wheel Drive Retro type cars.
- Class 5: Rear Wheel Drive Retro type cars.
- Class 6: All MX5 Cars
There are a few basic Safety Modifications required to each competing car. The below is a basic list. Please see Appendix 35 of the MI Yearbook for more information.
- A reflective red warning triangle, first aid kit, tow rope and SOS/OK board must be carrried
- Hi-Vis jackets for both crew members must be carried.
- Full safety harnesses are mandatory for all competing cars. These can be of four point ‘Clubman’ type or the quick release ‘Aircraft’ harnesses.
- Front windscreen of laminated glass.
- Mud-flaps for all four wheels.
WHAT DO I NEED TO COMPETE
- You will need a Motorsport Ireland Road National B licence (for Drivers) and a Rally Navigator licence (for Navigators). These are available from as little as €40 for a first time competitor. The form can be downloaded from the Motorsport Ireland website at http://www.motorsportireland.com/Standard-Forms/Competitors.aspx
- The Driver will need to have a valid Road Licence as you will have to travel on the public road (while obeying the rules of the road!) to get between the competitive selectives. Note-all drivers must be IRDS/BRDS registered or no start - no exceptions to this rule.
- Drivers will need to be on the Irish/British Rally Drivers Scheme (IRDS/BRDS) database. This is to ensure that you have third party road insurance cover for the non-competitive elements of the event.
- You should familiarise youself with the rules of Endurance Trials which are in Appendix 35 of the Motorsport Ireland Yearbook (available on www.motorsportireland.com)
- You need to submit an entry for the event. Entry forms are on the ALMC Website and cost €200. Entries are flowing in already so don't delay!! The max number of starters is strictly limited to 50 crews.
Still not convinced? Here's some action from the Monaghan Endurance Trial!
Our meetings are held on the first Wednesday of every month at the Castle Arch Hotel, Trim at 8:15pm . All are welcome! We are always looking for new motor sport enthusiasts to join the club so any membership enquiries can be made to Club Treasurer, Noel Devlin on 086 - 2620771 or send an email to him :
For more detailed directions click here to see the Castle Arch Hotel's Website
Regulations are available for the 2017 ALMC Spring Endurance Trial which takes place on Saturday 18th February 2017 running out of Fairyhouse Racecourse, Ratoath, Co. Meath. The 2017 Endurance Trial will see the event tackle a number of new selectives throughout Co. Meath with the final loop of the day running in darkness. Total mileage for the day will be in the region of 160km.
At a time when levies are making the cost of motorsport more challenging, ALMC have vowed to keep this entry-level discipline as cost-efficient as possible and are happy to announce a 25% reduction on the 2016 entry fee, with this year's entry fee standing at €200. There are also a number of special prizes to be announced in the coming weeks .
All prospective competitors should familiarise themselves with the recent changes to Appendix 35 of the Motorsport Ireland yearbook. This is available to download below or from www.motorsportireland.com. All Drivers are required to have valid IRDS/BRDS insurance in place at least two weeks before the event to ensure they are on the database in time. Competitors in the MX5 class should also ensure that their car meets the required eligibility criteria.
Endurance Trial Regulations Appendix 35 (MI Endurance Regulations)
Hello and welcome to the ALMC Motor Club's online presence.
Our Club is formed from members who are from Dublin, Meath, Westmeath, Kildare, Fingal, Louth and other surrounding areas and we meet once a month in the Castle Arch Hotel, Trim.
The Club runs the following competitive events annually: The ALMC Endurance Trial in February and the ALMC Stages Rally in July .
The Club meets on the first Wednesday of each month in the Castle Arch Hotel, Trim at 8.15 p.m. Please check back on www.almc.ie for regular news updates and follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
ATTENTION all existing and prospective ALMC Club Members!
ALMC Motor Club are now accepting new/renewing memberships for 2017. To join or renew, please click on the link below to open the 2017 Membership Form in PDF Format.
Forms should be printed and fully completed and signed and may be handed in at any club meeting or posted (details on form). Please Note that 2017 Licence Applications cannot be stamped until 2017 membership is paid in full.
(Article courtesy of Mintex MSA British Historic Rally Championship)
The dates for the 2017 Mintex MSA British Historic Rally Championship have been confirmed, with an eight-event, nine-round, schedule covering five gravel and three asphalt rallies.
The Roger Albert Clark Rally Motor Club is promoting the MSA BHRC under a five-year contract and 2017 will be the third year of that agreement.
The 2017 calendar takes in some of the very best gravel and asphalt rallies in the UK and adds a brand new event, the ALMC Stages in Ireland on Sunday 2 July. Based just outside Dublin, this first-class closed-road rally offers a time and cost-effective Irish event and marks the first time that the championship has visited Southern Ireland. With easy access from the ferry ports and Dublin airport, it should be a popular addition to the schedule.
Once again, Rally Isle of Man will run to a double-header format and the three asphalt events have been grouped together to make things easier for crews changing cars from gravel to asphalt specification.
“We have responded to our competitors by adjusting the balance slightly between asphalt and gravel rallies,” said championship manager Colin Heppenstall. “There is a growing move towards asphalt events in historic rallying and we have reflected this is our calendar.”
The championship will be officially launched at Autosport International at the Birmingham NEC (12-15 January) when championship registrations will be open.
The full 2017 BHRC calendar is:
Sunday 19 February: Red Kite Stages
Saturday 1 April: Rally North Wales
Saturday 29 April: Pirelli Carlisle Rally
Saturday 3 June: Severn Valley Stages
Sunday 2 July: ALMC Stages
Sunday 30 July: Harry Flatters Rally
Thurs-Sat 14-16 Sep: Isle of Man Classic
Fri/Sat 29/30 Sep: Trackrod Historic Cup
Reserve event: Fri/Sat 9/10 June, Carlisle Stages
Note: dates are subject to MSA approval